View Single Post
kbs666

Old February 20th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
I mean no disrespect here, and am not trying to start ANY sort of edition war. But please speak for YOURself. You are correct that PF is losing market share. And that no NEW pre-published stuff is coming out for PF (Classic). But there are lots of us still playing it, buying published content that we don't have yet, and making our own stuff. Speaking for MYself - the only person for whom I really have the right to speak - I got tired of learning a new system every four or five years, and of shelling out hundreds of dollars for them - only to turn around and do it all again. When Paizo launched PF I decided that it was the last d20 system in which I'd invest. Luckily for me, there's enough out there for it that even if I never made anything for myself or dipped into 3rd party stuff I could play new to me PF stuff until the day I die.

For those playing 5e, PF2, M&M, Savage Worlds, HERO (actually I do play those last two, along with Fate) - I sincerely hope that RW and any other tools you want get developed for those games! But - again repsectfully - please don't be hatin' on PF just because you want something else. There's room for everyone, and in the end all of them are games, meant for entertainment and escape.

Finally, I will repeat my first point from before and then I'll shut my pie hole . We asked for updates EVEN WHEN THERE WAS NO NEW INFORMATION. So it seems counterproductive to then complain when some of those updates tell us the at there is no new information.
Let me be clear, I'm not shifting from PF1 any time soon. I have way too much invested in it and absolutely hate PF2. 5e might be a viable alternative but switching my entire campaign over would just be too much work.

But I cannot see LWD or any of the other digital vendors selling a lot of additional content for PF1 going much past this year.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #17 Reply With Quote