View Single Post
Septerran

Old August 12th, 2018, 09:06 AM
I'm trying to create a Mythic template which in turn makes all skills class skills. I also have RGG - Horrifically Overpowered Feats & friends, so I checked 'Skill Domination' feat to find that it does nothing(most of these feats appear to not actually make mechanical changes, probably for good reason).

I have been struggling with this, Hero Lab Scripting, far longer than I care to admit(read: years). I'm a programmer in more than a dozen different languages, including VB, and I still can't seem to wrap my head around 'HLScript'. It's rather frustrating but I figured it's finally time to embrace humility and ask for assistance.

The eval script I've been trying to create is currently at First/500, but I will probably move it if I can find a better timing slot for it.

Code:
~ cycle through skills
foreach pick in hero from BaseSkill
  ~ make class skill
  ~#makeclassskill[eachpick.thingid.?]

~ didn't work; maybe this?
  ~field[abText].text = eachpick.thingid.?
  ~#makeclassskill[field[abText].text]

~ or maybe this??
  ~var skid as string
  ~skid = eachpick.thingid.?
  ~#makeclassskill[skid]

~ obvious frustration....
  ~#makeclassskill[hero.child[AllSkills].thingid]

~ maybe pulltags/pushtags..?
  ~ hah! j/k, I don't know how those work
nexteach
I am at a loss here. Not knowing the construction of 'thing' or 'pick'(pick is an instance of thing??), I don't know where to find the thingid and even then, I'm not even sure if that's going to work.

I may be going about this the wrong way entirely and so would appreciate any direction that could be provided. I'm relatively certain that I'm overcomplicating all of this, particularly since I keep trying to learn based on my experience in other languages, but I don't know what else to do and so I keep waiting for it to somehow just 'click', yet it never does.

Please rescue my sanity before there is none left.
Septerran is offline   #1 Reply With Quote