View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 16th, 2010, 03:13 PM
My answers below may be vague in some cases. That's because we're staying mum on various aspects for the time being. More details will be forthcoming as we get closer to release late this year. A lot of details are likely to be be revealed at GenCon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
#Will it have a built in document editor for compiling notes, images, PDFs, and other files?
Essentially yes, but not in a traditional manner you're likely thinking of.

Quote:
#Will it support extensive hyper linking and searching?
Realm Works will be significant step above PDFs in terms of capabilities.

Quote:
#Will you be able to organize gaming material via a tree like folder structure? Ie, similar to outlining software.
Again, essentially yes, but not in a traditional manner you're likely thinking of.

Quote:
#Will it have a flowchart view that can track a group's progress along a plot/adventure? Possibly have it correspond to a tile map ala Masterplan.
Sort of. Masterplan is a nifty tool. We're doing something very different with Realm Works, but there will definitely some overlap in terms of general functionality.

Quote:
#A blurb on a blog mentioned the product will keep certain information from players. Does this mean that it is a multi-user and/or networked product?
Not in a traditional sense.

Quote:
#Will it license certain systems and be able to display various stats, tables and whatnot, similar to a GM screen, or even say SRD type data?
Sort of. Again, not in a traditional way.

Quote:
#Will it feature a scripting engine to handle text objects in order to pull randomly generated data from tables?
I don't understand this one. Please give me a concrete example so I have a better idea of what you're seeking.

Quote:
#Will you be able to import character data and keep track of player and npc stats, abilities, and inventories... and update them dynamically?
That sounds like Hero Lab to me. Realm Works will be distinct from HL, but the two will work in concert.

Quote:
Anyway, those are just a FEW of the features I'd love to see in a product of this type.
If that's just a FEW, I guess I should strap on a harness and brace myself before you really start to unload on us.
rob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote