View Single Post
WatersLethe

Old March 18th, 2020, 08:49 AM
Tangential Background:

My partner is a UI/UX designer. One of my players is a near-sighted UI designer. Another player went to school for graphic design. They all find the user interface to be extremely unapproachable, and essentially a laughing stock, especially the menus to get around outside of a character. I don't know if you've got the budget for it, but getting a UX designer to at least provide direction would be a huge step.

Actual Feedback:

First Page After Login:
1. Why do I have to click "Characters" to find "Campaigns" as a drop down?
2. Why does the Navigate button only allow me to look around the character folders and not go to "Campaigns"? The Navigate button should be used for more, it's a good size and consistent location.
3. Popups can't be swiped away, have to click a tiny X in the corner.

In a Character "Play" Section:
1. Not sure why skills is an Eye icon
2. Switching between tabs has a jarring amount of lag, about as much as reloading a page, but annoying all the same. Sometimes I'll hit the back button twice because I'm waiting for something to happen.
3. Hitting Navigate, I sometimes double tap and collapse the "Play" section in the Navigate pane. Might be nice to make them harder to collapse.
4. Some buttons are too small (Oneplus 6) and there's no obvious way to increase icon/font size
5. Hitting the dice icon immediately rolls, which I guess is okay, but instinctively I expect a dramatic "Roll" button to pop up so I'm sure it's a new, discrete action.

In a Character "Character/Classes/Etc":
1. These all are pretty good and easy to use on a phone, except for the "+" button in the corners sometimes being hard to see/hit

"Campaigns" Screen:
1. Navigate button doesn't do anything here?
2. No way to organize campaigns?
3. "Campaign Theater Public Beta" banner and info confused my players, didn't know they had to scroll down after joining my game to find it again.

Inside a Campaign:
1. I literally only care about using Campaign Theater to share my licenses with the group. Can there be a way to default to the PCs and Players page?
2. Why can't I view/print characters that other players are controlling without transferring control?
3. Why does clicking the little people icon on the top right take me out of the campaign?

Inside a Character that is inside a Campaign:
1. Stage functions on the right panel pop up for me, do they pop up for my players?
2. The right panel is sort of confusing in any case. There's a summary and a profile icon that show similar info?
WatersLethe is offline   #3 Reply With Quote