View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 2nd, 2018, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
Could just be me, but I'm thinking doing a full-blown HLC port for Starfinder is liable to be too big a job for anyone in the amateur end of the HL community to bite off by themselves. Like its parent, too many moving parts and too much overly specific content.
I appreciate that you are implying I am not an amateur when it comes to hero lab's source code. Maybe you're right in that considering I was able to get World of Darkness 20th anniversary built in a month and am just expanding on the base structure now to add in supplements. I could probably build it myself, one thing to keep in mind, if someone intends to Share their work, you cannot do the full game system. You can only work within the context of the System Reference Document. Starfinder is a much lighter system than Pathfinder 1e was (it is comparable to 5e D&D). Not saying it won't be work to do, but it could be done within the confines of the SRD if someone was dedicated to doing the work. The trick is NOT adding the data as you go. What I would do is to just focus on building the components and sample "things" that mimic what's needed just for the purpose of testing the file. Let the coding community do the actual data entry and focus on building the structure file... that would take very little actual time to finish the system.

Again though, I wouldn't add the data, I'd leave that for the people here on the forums to deal with. You just need someone to do the source code for the structure file. Build just enough so that you can test the source code, let others deal with the data entry. I don't own the books or pdfs so I would have to use the SRD online document to do it. But I think anyone can do it with enough dedication. It's not rocket science.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #6 Reply With Quote