View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 10th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCArknight View Post
Everything I see says that the below code should show the menu on the Adaptable Edge. It doesn't however and I don't know what I'm missing...
The menu is probably appearing but it's extremely narrow and ends up essentially not being visible.

In your Position script, the following two lines control the positioning of the menu:
Code:
      perform portal[menu1].alignrel[rtol,info,10]
      portal[menu1].width = (portal[info].left - portal[menu1].left - 20) / 2
Since you don't initialize the menu portal's width before using "alignrel", this will result in the default width, which I think is 30 pixels. Then you set the width such that it will end up being about 15-20 pixels wide, based on the position set first. This isn't wide enough for the drop list arrow to be visible, let alone actual contents to choose from. So the menu portal may actually be getting automatically hidden due to being too small - I'd have to check with Colen on that detail.

Take things in *small* steps. First, get everything showing in crude fashion in your tables. Then start tweaking the sizing and positioning of individual portals. It will take a little bit longer this way, but you'll get the hang of things quickly and it will avoid frustrations like this situation. Once you start getting proficient, you can then begin cutting corners, but you'll be able to spot issues like this more readily when they occur, so it won't be frustrating. :-)
rob is offline   #26 Reply With Quote