View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old June 7th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
I've seen a new error message during import, "Cannot modify protected category". I don't know if this was ever in an earlier version, but it can cause problems for existing users.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT View Post
At the moment, the specific error I'm looking at is "object reference not set to an instance of an object" on import using build 255 or 256. This seems to be the one that emerged in build 254 and is still present in builds 255/256.

So, this is the one for which I'm looking for structure exports for the realms whose export files experienced this error.
The error that Farling mentions above is from my current experience.

At this moment I can no longer import anything into RW because of this issue. I tried a few things based on Farlings recommendations and nothing worked. I did discover another potential issue though.

I have several protected categories that I turned off protection on and then modified, which seems to be the reason why it will not let me import anything anymore.

My realm is still a "Legacy" game system. I tried copying the realm but RW crashed during the copy process. I was able to convert the realm directly into "Other" game system, but after doing so I was unable to export anything, be it a full realm or just the structure. I then restored my realm with the backup to the "Legacy" game system.

I am wondering at this point if there is a setting that you changed in this recent update (256) that made it so I (the end user) can't change protected categories or snippets? I unprotected and changed a lot of the categories in RW for my preferred game system.

If this is the case, is there any chance it will be changed so I can import into categories that have the protection turned off and many of the tags altered?

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #10 Reply With Quote