View Single Post
Seregil

Old November 26th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Sorry to be an ass but your contract also includes the following:

Quote:
Risks and challenges

Every project has risks, and software projects are notorious for delays. The key difference for Realm Works is that most of the work on Realm Works has already been completed, so there’s virtually no risk to product delivery.

...blah, blah, blah, we're great....

As with any software project, there is a chance that the release of Realm Works could be delayed, either due to problems on our part (a delay in hiring additional staff, for example) or because additional functionality is needed before the product is ready. This could impact the release of Realm Works to the public.

It’s also possible that we could face unexpected challenges in building Realm Works’ cloud capabilities. Building a multi-user server system is a lot of work and involves a lot of complexity. However, we've spent a lot of time coming up with a solid design for this, and have good tools to build it, so we’re confident that we can make this happen.

With your support, we can put the last building blocks in place and bring Realm Works to gamers everywhere!
then there is this from the Kickstarter site:
Quote:
Kickstarter does not guarantee projects or investigate a creator's ability to complete their project. On Kickstarter, backers (you!) ultimately decide the validity and worthiness of a project by whether they decide to fund it.
Now, had you BOUGHT the software at date X and the current features AT THAT TIME were said to be Y and it wasn't true, THEN you certainly have a case.

Yes, you can complain, yes, some features are taking longer than promised, but YES, you were told that it was a possibility, particularly at the Kickstarter phase.

I paid 250$ for a lifetime membership on Obsidian portal during their kickstarter. Most of their objectives have not been completed and the devs have all but disappeared from the site. Well, I'm a lifetime member all right, but the features I wanted will probably never materialize (which is why I picked up RW). Getting pissy on the forums won't change anything, for you or me, and it will just poison the atmosphere.

So, respectfully, please, can we tone it down a notch? I saw the forums on OP go downhill this way and I would like to avoid it happening here. RW is far further along the list of things to do than OP is and they seem to be moving in the right direction if not quite at the speed we'd all like.
Seregil is offline   #30 Reply With Quote