View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old January 31st, 2015, 09:01 AM
Lastly,
I have retorted to others posts, now one of my own....
I sit here even now with players at my table, we tried, with varied success at expanding the use of Realm Works last night to all players at the table, After multiple -200, -300, -500 errors and re-installs and re-re-install- and re-re-re-installs all but one of the machines finally sync'd. ( will have player submit a bug report on that one momentarily) I have labeled the use of RW at our table as "Charlie testing". Meaning its already gone thru a beta test (questionable), but still has some features and "smoothness" missing. They accept that.

Upon reading your "Update" of features to come and the fact it took nearly 20hrs to install (on 4 machines) the reception was less that positive.

I quote feedback from players:
  • I see a lot of interesting and helpful things that the program "could" do, if it were not so buggy.
  • I like what I see, but I can't trust that my data will still be there if it crashes or if LWD goes away? I'll stick to MS Word
  • I find the notes useless for journal entry, and if there are no calendars, how will the journal be any different?
  • It takes forever to sync
  • As a herolab user, LWD has made promises for years now that we are still waiting for.
  • Seems like they cant keep their promises.
  • People expect to get what they are promised.
  • Why take a survey if they don't share the results and do as they want?
  • Why don't they tell everyone what is currently being worked on and what is in the backlog with a start date?
  • Its a waste of our table time, it has taken so much time this week it should have had its own set of dice at the table.
  • Its to the point that you either make fun of it or something just to keep from being angry
That is just an off the cuff right now... Well its game time and we will be doing it W/O realmworks because there is simply too many missing pieces to begin the puzzle.

I will continue to utilize it as an electronic file cabinet, but its usability for the player at table is QUESTIONABLE at best.

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; January 31st, 2015 at 09:06 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote