View Single Post
Sword_of_Spirit

Old May 13th, 2017, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
While I agree that it can be annoying when you're hiding an existing Global to use your own, I think it's important to be able to tell at a glance which Category is under consideration. Non-visible text doesn't help there.

FWIW, I only use the Simple Groupings in the Navigation pane, so the only time I see a Category name in "day-to-day" use is when I'm creating a new Topic/Article. (Similarly I use very few multi-Domain Tag Snippets, so I tune out the names of the Tag Domains most of the time.)
I prefer the micro categories rather than the simple ones, and I also have tabs open with things sorted hierarchically (very useful when navigating through a multiverse's "geography"). With the global categories hidden, the only time I need to tell them apart is when I'm managing categories, and the user vs. global icon does an adequate job of letting me know which is which there.

What's bugging me is that the functionality of duplicate user categories was working fine, but now if we want to use the new content market, we are stuck having to figure out some sort of workaround or lose the functionality we previously had (and I hate losing previous functionality).
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #19 Reply With Quote