View Single Post
Parody

Old May 13th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I'm really hoping to do something highly unobtrusive--especially if I end up using some default categories. (I can always just avoid that entirely I suppose.) It just seems like a real pain that there is no way to reuse the name. It's not like computer code can't distinguish it in some other way with a non-visible element.
While I agree that it can be annoying when you're hiding an existing Global to use your own, I think it's important to be able to tell at a glance which Category is under consideration. Non-visible text doesn't help there.

FWIW, I only use the Simple Groupings in the Navigation pane, so the only time I see a Category name in "day-to-day" use is when I'm creating a new Topic/Article. (Similarly I use very few multi-Domain Tag Snippets, so I tune out the names of the Tag Domains most of the time.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit View Post
I submitted the report from the error pop-up. Is there anywhere else I should be submitting it?
You can give more info and another link to you on the Report a Realm Works Bug Page. Keep a copy of the crashing database file around. (Unless you've changed the setting, RW keeps backups from the last 10 times you launched it in your Documents folder.)

Last edited by Parody; May 13th, 2017 at 05:32 PM.
Parody is online now   #18 Reply With Quote