View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old June 10th, 2015, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
In my opinion, people who pirate are going to be severely frustrated having to backup their database and replace their database with yours or some other persons content. ................
As they should!
Is not the real use of RW as a software (Not to speak for LWD) to create and maintain the data for your campaign world? We are talking WORLD building, not data manipulation a piece at a time.

This "AZombiod" person is simply trying to justify his need for instant gratification under the cloak of free access to data. This stance is already defined and it appears Azomboid already defines and supports it with the posts he has already made.. its called PIRACY.

Quote:
I think your also overlooking the databases GUID created by LWD's servers every time you create a new realm which you have to login to in order to create. If your GUID pops up in ten's, hundreds, or thousands of peoples databases when they login, don't you think they would twig to what was going on? I'd bet you'd end up with a banned account along with everyone that had those GUID's in their databases. No login, no new realms.
Yep, quite correct Viking. unless Azombiod is successful in his campaigning to get someone else (see a theme here) to "crack the code" as he suggests, subplanting the encode of one for another.

I propose a new campaign, remove Azomboid from the site. ANY discussion on how to circumvent the protections of IP is, in the long run, counter productive.

Quote:
Your right, LWD can't stop piracy from happening. But, that's not their job. Making it hard to pirate and taking down pirated material when notified is in their best interest, though.
And it gets harder when the community takes action against these shortcutting instant gratification bunch that are seeking a way to conveniently avoid the work it takes to build it.

Quote:
You may be overlooking another aspect of piracy. Piracy doesn't hurt the big companies, they've got lots and lots of lawyers to sue your butt into oblivion. However, the little companies that may create a unique and fantastic product simply cease to exist and that game you loved or module series you loved goes away never to be expanded on again. You act like piracy is a victimless crime, it is not. People work hard to create content and share their imaginations with others in an intelligible manner. They deserve to be compensated for that hard work and you don't have the right to rob them of their livelihood.
## HEAR HEAR!

Quote:
You really should be begging the creators of ............... .
And, as Parody has noted, IF the creator doesn't want to they have that right. And guess what, the only right you have is to do it yourself IF you acquired the original data legally.

Lastly, if IMO, I were to "put on the hat" of a potential LWD client that had IP that LWD wanted to included, the FIRST place I would conduct "due diligence on" would be LWD own forums to understand what type of people are LWD customers. I personally don't want someone like Azomboid leaving an impression in my behalf.

DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #26 Reply With Quote