View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old June 9th, 2015, 07:07 PM
The inability to achieve perfect protection is not an argument for no protection. I really don't see any ulterior motives. You have the ability to keep your data local and work on it locally, even if you do not subscribe to the cloud service. The lock-in right now is that you have to use the software to access your data. That is what many people object to. I personally don't have a huge issue with it. If I were to decide to stop using RW and use another product, I suspect that even with export capabilities the amount of work needed to get the data into the new product would still be significant.

I'm more interested in printing than export. Right now I need to make sure any handouts are in PDF form so I can open them in Adobe Acrobat and print. I would rather not have to do that and be able to just print a topic or article directly. That fact that I can't print, however, is a minor inconvenience. For others that is not the case.

One user's priorities will differ from another's. I want calendars first, another needs printing now, but most users said journals. And before anything else, the CM need to be released. I would suggest you check back after the CM is released and see if RW better meets your needs once users are able to share and/or sell content.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #24 Reply With Quote