Thread: beastmen bug
View Single Post
Ghaz

Old April 11th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheerkhan
as far as my experience goes, only rules lawyers are so prickly about things the way you guys are. i didn't come here for debate on this. everyone in the NYC community i know has no problem relying on roolzboys rulings, even in the GW shops. and that's alot of people.
You're wanting a change in a product used by hundreds of people, yet you can't prove that it needs to be changed. So far all you've provided is because so and so says so. Sorry, but WHFB is a game. Games have rules. So either provide something in the rules that proves your right or there is no reason to change the files. You may bitch about 'rules lawyers', but at least their opponents can read the rulebooks and know what to expect. It's people like you who try and make up their own rules and then try and defend their actions by calling anyone who disagrees with them a 'rules lawyer' that gives this game a bad name.

Quote:
the roolzboys rulings are legal when other sources, say a tourny judge, says they are legal. and since this has happened, they are legal.
And since when does an tourney judge have the right to say what's legal or not after the tourney's over? He doesn't. If a tourney judge wants to make them 'official' for a tournament, then that's his business. Outside of that tournament, they're answers are unofficial.

Quote:
if you agree that the fur should go with armor, then you must be agreeing with the roolzboys. guess they aren't wrong 100% of the time, huh?
Doesn't mean that they're right 100% of the time either, does it?

Quote:
also, why would people want to play with such rules lawyers? what kind of fun can you have being so petty about the rules? it is obvious that most people, common sense, agrees with one reading of the rule. so, that's how most people are gonna play it. the GW rulebook itself says you must interpret many situations yourself. this is one of them.
Looks who's talking about being 'petty'. You wants the rules changed, yet you can't provide a reason why. That's being 'petty'. Common sense to me is to play by the rules as written and not to let personal bias interfere with my reading of the rules.

Quote:
anyway, even here 4 out of 5 of the opinions agree with me. so, i made my own fix, posted it for others who are interested, and now i will take my leave of this thread.
Last time I looked, the rules don't magically change just because of a majority. The rules still say the exact same thing as before. So go ahead and change the datafiles all that you like and when someone calls you on an illegal list, remember that we told you so.
Ghaz is offline   #16 Reply With Quote