View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 8th, 2020, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris447 View Post
When I programmed the sidekicks into the community pack, I realized their class features weren't showing up in their statblocks. I had to go into each ability and tweak them to show up. If I recall correctly, I had to designate whether they were Special, Action, etc., much like we do when making monster abilities.

I did it because I usually output the sidekicks as stat blocks and hand them to my players as such, instead of full character sheets. So this is doable. But it would require changes to the SRD content by LWD. And with the pushback I've received on some quality of life changes I requested, I don't think it'll happen.
SRD content is open game license material. Basically they can't just add all the mechanics to the data files. If its not in the SRD it crosses into copyright infringement. The pushback comes for a reason. They're not the official licensed character builder of WotC. So you can't expect them to go beyond the parameters of the open game licensing. And WotC isn't giving out licensing rights to a character builder while they are selling Beyond subscriptions to their own.

This is why I coded my own 5e file. It's not done or perfect but its come far on its own and has the content I need.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #8 Reply With Quote