View Single Post
MPHopcroft

Send a message via AIM to MPHopcroft Send a message via MSN to MPHopcroft Send a message via Yahoo to MPHopcroft

Old December 21st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaneheart View Post
I actually wouldn't mind seeing either some Eclipse Phase support, or renewed support for World of Darkness/The God Machine Chronicles.

Dark Heresy wouldn't be bad, but there are already a ton of character generators for it out there. Furthermore, they're pretty deep into development of Dark Heresy 2nd Edition, so a lot of things may change soon.

GURPS would be cool, but that seems like a monster to tackle.
Well, Steve Jackson already sells a chargen program. Admittedly HL would be a bit more intuitive, but I'm pretty sure they still want to sell their own software as opposed to licensing with a third party.

The same thing with Champions/Hero System, which already has a graet hargen program.

A few things I personally would like to see include a very simple Fate hack to cover the Accelerated Edition (instead of a skill pyramid you move around the numbers for six Approaches, like how Clever, Careful or Forceful you are).

13th Age would be interesting, as would Dungeon World/Apocalypse World. And my feelings about the reverse-engineers old-school games, ambivalent through they are, seem to include the idea that good chargen software would help a GM of something like Lamentations of the Flame Princess immensely.
MPHopcroft is offline   #125