Thread: Gen Con 2017
View Single Post
kbs666

Old August 26th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
But the real (insert LOUD annoying buzzer noise here) was the speaker suggesting that you should "NEVER create a persona that is not your own or very similar ethnicity". REALLY?? When I questioned this for clarity, the speakers reasoning is "it would be considered offensive." REALLY??? Sorry I declared that was totally incorrect.
I have had many varied people across a broad multicultural background sit at my table and this has never been an issue... I can't even fathom telling my spanish player that he can no longer use his "sudo-japanese voice" for his samurai character as it is offensive simply because spanish people stereotype japanese ones to sound like saturday morning kungfu theater (don't we all as far as that goes)???? REALLYYYY???? OMG its a game, Entertainment...
*Rant over* lol.. anyway.....
?

How precisely should I run Saturdays game? One of the personas I need to take on is a thousand year old dragon. Anyone know any millennia old hexapedal sentient flying reptiles available on short notice? I'll talk to my Satanist friend about the devil in next weeks game but really this is going to get expensive.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #32 Reply With Quote