View Single Post
Dr_Automaton

Old August 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Ugh, happened again to the same realm. I first tried Rob's suggestion to delete the preference file (is there supposed to be a "LWD Technology, Inc>>Realm Works" and "Lone Wolf Development, Inc>>Realm Works" folder in the Roaming directory, BTW?), but the problem persisted. I was forced to use my previously detailed process to fix it.

Here are a few new observations:
  • I usually select "Work Offline" since I'm not really interested in the online content aspect of RW and logging in is just an extra step.
  • The problem has occurred after I've been editing another realm, and then exit and attempt to open the problematic realm.
  • To resolve the problem, I seem to have to be logged into the RW server when going through the restore process. I first tried a couple of times to restore the old backup and my latest backup while working offline, to no effect. I then repeated the same steps, but first logged myself into the server when starting RW. That appeared to make a difference.

Anyway, things seem to be working again, but this is starting to look like a chronic problem. I'll cross my fingers and hope that the upcoming update might inadvertently fix whatever is causing the issue. That aside, still love the software!
Dr_Automaton is offline   #4