View Single Post
rkajdi

Old August 19th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Right now, I'm having two issues with child units I'd like to get clearered up. They are last stumbling block to make everything 100% correct on the WAB files, which will be a big deal since WAB hasn't had anything resembling a fully functioning set of files since ABv3 came out.

#1 - I have issues getting a parent unit and a child unit to have thier points go into different pools. Using no postlink stuff, The child would accrue, but would also be added to the parent pool. Using @base, @unit, and @item the best I can get done is to have the points from the child not added to any pool at all! Any solutions to this problem?

#2 - I'm looking for exactly how to make counts of just the child models (which can sometimes be recursive) to a unit and just the parent models at the top level. Any ideas?

Raymond

P.S. As a final note, is there any chance of getting links used as remainders to fully functional (i.e. can have subordinate links, can have scripts, ect) This is a major headache, and I'm not sure of any technical reason why it needs to be done like this.
rkajdi is offline   #1 Reply With Quote