Thread: House Rules
View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Classes are next up on our list for editing support. After that, we'll be adding items like weapons, armor, magic items, etc.

You'll definitely be able to add your own core classes via the editor. However, adding a core spellcaster class will likely NOT be able to be done entirely within the editor. There's just too much nastiness involved to do in the editor while also maintaining a good level of user flexibility for how they want things to work. Other base classes will hopefully be fine, but setting up spell progressions and the like will likely require a little bit of direct editing of the XML data file. It's a text file, so it won't be too hard, plus you should be able to do all the non-spellcasting stuff via the editor. So you'll only need to do 5% of the work without the editor.

-Rob

NOTE! The above is our current plan. However, it's subject to change as we get stuff fully implemented. :-)

At 08:46 PM 1/4/2007, you wrote:

Quote:
I've played around a tiny bit with the new editor and noticed there's no function for building new classes (core or prestige). Will these be available later perhaps? I'm sure prestige class editing/creating will be there but I'm hoping to see the ability to edit core classes too.
rob is offline   #11 Reply With Quote