Thread: errata
View Single Post
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 24th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
The next update to the M&M data files will probably just be a bug fix release - there are a number of outstanding issues that have been reported since the last release, and we're in the middle of Gen Con preparation (including releasing new versions of 2 separate products) right now.

After Gen Con, I want to do another update including new material from one of the books, either Warriors & Warlocks or Book of Magic.

Equipment like armor doesn't stack with any other bonuses to Toughness. So if I have Protection 5 and then wear an Undercover Vest, the vest has no effect. If you start a new character and equip a vest, it should give him the bonus.

Thanks for all your other suggestions / bug reports - I'll try to get them implemented.
Okay, I'm not sure why armor doesn't stack but the bonus from the Undercover Vest DOES show up IF it is more than the bonus from Protection AND/OR if you put "force field" on the Protection to represent Toughness that isn't always there.

Have a new problem though

If you put the "limited - narrow" Power Flaw (in this case magic) on the (Saving Throw) Protection you buy under the Powers Tab some math takes place that I believe is in error. I'm going to try and attach the screenshot but if that fails to come through..... the -3/r of the PF makes the cost become -.3333333/r and thus you can buy (Saving Throw) Protection 2 on WILL and GET BACK 6 points. It does not matter if those 2 are less than/equal to/greater than your WILL.

Have fun at GEN Con....still deciding if I want to go to it. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saving throw protection error.JPG (138.0 KB, 12 views)
Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer is offline   #16 Reply With Quote