View Single Post
kbs666

Old February 22nd, 2019, 09:28 AM
I had a chance to chat with the guy who is most into note taking and my campaigns lore in my player group about why even he doesn't use player edition. He did install it when I gave him the license but he found the whole thing disappointing. Part of that may be my fault and part of that is the lack of things like player journals to let him do anything but passively read the material.

First my end of things, Player edition only shows things that have been revealed. So while my main realm may be pushing several thousand topics and lots of those topics are quite extensive most of that material isn't revealed to the players and 3 years ago, IIRC, when I gave him the license even less was revealed so browsing the realm wasn't a very interesting experience.

The problem with it being an entirely passive experience, people are used to following links and reading stuff by now but as sparse as a partially revealed realm is it doesn't hold the attention very well. I think if the player had some way to record their adventures in the realm and link into the realm that might encourage more interest at least among some players. The note taker certainly thought that might make him take another look.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote