View Single Post
Elindor

Old February 22nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Territan View Post
I had deleted the fatecore folder, reloaded it from the .hl file, and built from scratch, and the skills still wouldn't appear for me.

After recompiling the data files and shutting down and restarting Hero Lab, I now have a skill list, so that's working. From here, the only thing I have to add is one special stunt. So I've got that going for me. (yay)
When building the user file attached to this message, I found that Develop > Quick Reload Data Files would bring them into the list - basically, Hero Lab needs to load them up in the main window, then it's good to go.

Quote:
To chime in on the subject of Fate Accelerated, I think Hero Lab does need to be aware of it. I have Worlds on Fire & Worlds in Shadow, and one or two of the campaigns proposed in there are based more on Accelerated than Core. Instead of the traditional skill pyramid, for instance, "White Picket Witches" uses seven Assets (into which the character can spend eight points willy-nilly), and Fight Fire has nine Skills (of which the character will have established ratings in six) which bear no resemblance to Core's canonical list.

It wouldn't be so much an "Accelerated" thing as a "Toolkit" thing to be able to change what Skills are called at the campaign level.
Well, I do need to comment on the subject of Fate Accelerated - I created a .user file for FAE, and there is one problem - I have a validation error due to having unspent resources in the skill section - it seems to be expecting two full columns, and using that to validate, despite there not being sufficient points to do so. And, as it fails validation, it also locks me out of Advancement mode. That needs to be resolved, so that skill column settings will work.

I've included the .user file, and a sample portfolio to demonstrate the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: email Strider Accelerated.por (16.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: email Fate Accelerated.user (3.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: pdf Strider Accelerated.pdf (71.5 KB, 11 views)
Elindor is offline   #14 Reply With Quote