View Single Post
azomboid

Old June 10th, 2015, 03:35 PM
If honestly banning me is a solution then I'd think the problems are a little bigger than just me... secondly, this whole thread not made by me is about the issue of the database's... So, I don't know that banning me solves the problem honestly however if the need arises I would understand. One of the major themes I've seen seems to be well what would someone get out of just loading up a module in a file... well the same thing they'd get out of a book plus the ability to manipulate data on the fly.. I really don't think it's as big of a setback to people as you may think but perhaps I'm incorrect. Another thing I'd like to make clear is I'm not advocating piracy, you can digitally backup content you own as the eote legally... it's why you can burn your own cd's or convert them to mp3 on your computer... Beyond that even, I'm simply pointing out what I perceive to be the holes in this anti piracy argument. Lastly, I'd like to mention that the said this is not a virtual table top and that the player edition is simply for players to access the data from the server. I personally didn't realize it lacked the feature for me to reveal information in real time... I should have watched more of the videos but in some of the videos they talk about trying to partner with someone to achieve this feature or group of features. The player edition I feel is a prime example of the data not being yours... I have to buy the player edition for my players to have any access to the data in any form not simply to use the servers. In that sense they are charging me for the single way to access my own data and that was more the point about the EA comparison. Anyhow, forgive me if I come off as uncivil, I do sign petitions and write letters as I am a big believer in the democratic system. Can't change things if you're legislators don't know how you feel and you don't vote. However, if I offended anyone I'm sorry and I hope we can discuss this without it being hate filled.
azomboid is offline   #30 Reply With Quote