View Single Post
Parody

Old June 9th, 2015, 07:56 PM
In the long run I think pirates would get sick of the hoops they have to jump through to (essentially) open a database file for each module/system and would go back to PDFs.

What we're seeing here is probably similar to how video streaming services got to where they are now. The major content creators required DRM, providers came up with some systems. The users wanted to be able to view things offline, so for some use cases the providers modified their systems. Not everything is available with every provider, so you have to either shop around to find everything you want to watch or just be happy with what works on the system you already have.

The Realm Works implementation and feature set in this regard is unlikely to change in the near future, so if you don't like it then I recommend not using Realm Works. If you bought it within 60 days they'll give you your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking2054 View Post
You really should be begging the creators of EotE to jump in bed with LWD and put their content on the Realm Works marketplace so you could buy it ready to go.
I believe that FFG does not have that choice; their agreement with Disney/LucasFilm prevents digital content distribution. That's why there's no PDFs; Azombiod referenced it earlier when talking about violating copyright via scanned versions of the books.

Last edited by Parody; June 9th, 2015 at 08:07 PM.
Parody is offline   #25 Reply With Quote