View Single Post
Ian

Old March 7th, 2018, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTerify View Post
Another question is will Lone wolf still support first edition in classic mode and HLO (if released) once second edition is released? My current group is mixed with the news, but for the near future we will be sticking with first edition and it would suck to loose Hero Lab support. I work in IT so I know there end of life for software and hardware. While I know support cannot be indefinite, for first edition, it would be nice to know if there was a sunset provision for first edition on when that would be and what that means. Does the first edition keep working, but if you find an issue with Hero Lab, it will not be fixed. Will the community still be able to work on it? I know Paizo plans on keep the PDF of first around and keep printing the pocket editions in print until demand is no longer there, but what does that mean for companies like Lone Wolf?
We don't have an announcement on PF2 yet, but existing plans are for anything that's already in desktop HL to be supported indefinitely. From a practical perspective, the work needed for bug fixes is fairly small, plus we'd need to do most of the same work anyway for PF1 in HLO.

For a comparison, look at how in desktop HL we have both M&M 2e and M&M 3e, CoC 6e and CoC 7e, and Shadowrun 4e and Shadowrun 5e, and have active support (including occasional bug fixes and even additional content from obscure sources) for those older editions even though the lines are officially "finished".
Ian is offline   #13 Reply With Quote