View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 10th, 2017, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
It sounds like that's not the case and reading between the lines its due specifically to their involvement with Steam. Steam wouldn't allow the type of check that Paizo are asking for. Therefore we can assume the discussion was had and a line in the sand was drawn. I would wager Paizo agreed to step over that line for FG due to the popularity of the tool.

All assumptions, but Steam has a history of being difficult to work with in situations like this.
Steam absolutely complicates things for FG. But I would wager that you'd lose your bet.

All I can really say is that Paizo made it very clear to us that it was paramount in their eyes to have a level playing field for all their digital partners and that the same rules would apply exactly the same to all companies, with no exceptions. That philosophy is consistent with many other things Paizo has done in the past, including with regards to how our Hero Lab license has been structured over the years - even when there were no other companies with active licenses with Paizo. They are very conscientious when it comes to keeping things balanced for everyone. You may also want to look at the post upthread from @Galymyr regarding the d20Pro announcement.

I can't speak to the specifics of the FG license, but I am absolutely inclined to trust Paizo on this detail.
rob is offline   #86 Reply With Quote