Thread: Tables
View Single Post
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old July 24th, 2015, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinjiru View Post
Anyone have thoughts, suggestions?
I'm also very much a beginner, so I don't know if this will help.

I'm running a game set in "Rome" where the currency doesn't follow the normal AD&D currency rules and has gnarly weird names. For example: one as, the smallest coin, is bronze, and one dupondius (the next smallest) is either bronze or copper and worth 2 asses, and so on.

What I've done is to include all the background information I gave my players at the start of the campaign, which has been running a while, in a section called "Guide to the Roman World" which I've set as a Rich Text Document under 'Document and Media' which you'll find as one of the options to insert as a snippet.

I saved my Word docs as RTF's and just inserted them. As they are shared information the characters ought to know and use I made the document visible to them. I did the same with my 'guide to Roman names' as Roman names have strict rules about how they are formed, and all players must follow them.

Obviously, rich text format documents can have tables in them.

You will also find you can insert tables under the option for a 'statblock' - not the Hero Lab statblock (red bottle) but the other one with the blue face. I don't think you can change the blue face icon, though, and I'd find it confusing to look for information about money behind that.

Edited to Add: If you're copying and pasting information from an outside file you may need to use the keyboard instructions "Control + C" to copy and "Control + V" to paste. I found them much quicker. And you click on the little arrow or file/document icon to access the thingy to put your information on. Same with inserting a document, you need to click on the little file/document icon, not the big picturey job.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+

Last edited by Lexin; July 24th, 2015 at 02:11 AM.
Lexin is offline   #2 Reply With Quote