View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old April 22nd, 2019, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
My questions:
1. Does the CSV tool require one to have columns of data with headers or is it possible to pull only specific cell data from a single cell in a ".xls" spreadsheet (or from multiple singular cells)?
It works on a table. All columns must have a header. Think of it as one column per snippet. Each line in that table would align with a different topic.
2. Do I still need to "save as" the ".xls" spreadsheet into a CSV file so this tool can read the info or does the CSV tool read .xls data also?
You can save as XLSX or CSV
3. Is it possible to overwrite data when a character or NPC increases in level? Meaning can I just import the same character over and over again or would I need to delete the RW snippets/character entry every time someone goes up a level?
No this will not work as the tool does not save unique UUID's for future use. It creates a new one for each snippet during the import process.
Thanks for the reply and explanation.

For player characters I would have to delete their snippets then do the export/import thing each time they go up a level.

For the table requirement I can create a spreadsheet that can gather all the pertinent data from each of the character sheets so that it is easily formatted into a table for the CSV tool. It adds extra work to getting it all straightened out for the game, but I'll get it done eventually.

GM of HARP, Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Dreamchaser, Savage Worlds, and a myriad of other not so well known systems.
Software I use for gaming: Realm Works, Inspiration Pad Pro, Ebon, Aeon Timeline, Scrivener, Syrinscape, Hexagon, Fantasia Archive, OneNote, and a spreadsheet program.
Mapping programs: CC3+, MapForge, Worldographer, Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 10.
Programming experience: Java and Javascript (Maptools and PDF programming).
Madmaxneo is offline   #520 Reply With Quote