View Single Post
Madmaxneo

Old May 25th, 2015, 12:49 PM
It's been almost a year since I posted on this thread and a few things have changed. Like I am now using Realm Works with my group. Here is my synopsis so far.
I have 7 players in my group and (luckily) only 5 of them could afford the cost of $6 for a license (I even gave a $1 discount to a few and absorbed the cost). Though I honestly had to convince three of them to spend the $5 or $6 to use the software. Most of my group is in college and supporting themselves, so times are tough. Right now I also do not have a job and I am saving any money I make for Gencon.
Two of my players opted not to get a license, one is the younger brother of another player and the second just simply didn't want to do it partially because of finances and partially because he hates email (?), though I speculate he doesn't have a computer of any kind (he is very private about that sort of thing).

After all that the players that did join in on this, love it! It gives them information at their fingertips and if they have their laptops they can access the info at the game (at a local game store). Only two of my players have access to the game books. the others do not (again finances), so I am inclined to add some of the game mechanics into Realm Works.
At this time I am not able to access the software at the game because the laptop I have is an old single core pentium M 1.7 ghz and according to the minimum specs Realm Works will not run on that laptop. I can upgrade the laptop to a 2.1ghz (for only $30) but I am not so sure it will still work. I do have a windows tablet that runs a full version of 8.1. But that tablet may not run Realm Works either because it is only a 1.3ghz (up to 1.7ghz) quad core. I may try and set it up on the laptop first and then the tablet as it would be great to be able to use Realm Works at the game.
As a side note I do have another even older laptop with a single core 2.5 ghz desktop processor in it. But that old thing can only run windows XP as it only has 1gb of RAM max, and the battery will not hold a charge.

All in all my players and I are loving Realm Works so far as it provides some really great campaign management. Though I am having my doubts now on how much I really like the software....
You see there is one really bad thing about Realm Works that I don't think even the developers could have forseen, it has shown me all the holes I have in my campaign!!!!
Curses! LOL

Bruce
Madmaxneo is offline   #109 Reply With Quote