View Single Post
zarlor

Old January 6th, 2017, 03:01 PM
Paragon is correct in that I haven't really used the Encounter Builder much. I did try to use it for the Deadlands Noir file, though, and I think I have a bunch of what I worked on packed into that .user file, which should presumably create a DLNoir directory in your portfolio directory... I think. It's been a while and while I tried playing around with the Encounter Builder and Combat Tracker routines at the table before I think I didn't end up finding them as useful as I had hoped they would be, but I also didn't invest a lot of time into them. I've ended up primarily using Fantasy Grounds at the table instead and I really like that setup, in general.

As for .stock files, CC probably knows this much, much better than I would but I THINK (and I could be completely wrong about this) that those are just .user files with a .stock extension... maybe. If so I suppose it might be possible to create your .por files making them as Creatures, and using the Exporter to package them into a .user file and renaming the extension from .user to .stock and seeing if maybe that would get those things to start showing up in Encounter Builder for you all from a single file location.

I'd have to do a lot of playing around to test that out, though, so all of that is just a lot of guessing on something that may or may not be on the right track to do what you might be looking to do.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #8 Reply With Quote