View Single Post
TehBagder

Old March 4th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Additionally, WotC will be careful not to jeopardize the next edition by alienating 4e players by early removal of 4e content. I think you can expect that when the next edition is close to launch, new 4e content will stop being created, but the tools will continue to be available for a period of time after that.

If WotC were smart though, and they're trying to capture players of all editions, I'd continue to support ALL editions of the games through 4e tools, new 5e tools, and reprints of previous works. After all, the aim of 5e is to unite the fragmented player base and make WotC the premier source of D&D-based content again. Their plan is to attempt to wrest control from Paizo and other companies such as those releasing product via the OSR movement, such as OSRIC etc.

Besides, once you've downloaded the data, just make sure you archive it. Even if the compendium goes away, you'll still have your downloaded data that you can use. Additionally, I'm sure that others will step in to manually update it and keep the content alive.
TehBagder is offline   #4 Reply With Quote