View Single Post
dbgoldberg323

Old October 13th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
We would like to also support an offline version
Honestly, not being able to run this software offline kills the whole damn thing for several gaming clubs at my LGS and several others.

When we (myself and others at my LGS) first heard of this program, we were overjoyed! Not one company out there has software that will do what you plan on doing with this program (miniatures tournaments, card tournaments, swiss styles, single-elim styles, campaign modes, etc).

You've got a ton of potential clients for this program, and unfortunately not every location on earth has a Wi-Fi hotspot within 10'. If you choose to go the "internet connection required" route, you will not be reaching your target demographic as most people leave their houses and Wi-Fi areas to go to tournaments and events, where this software will be needed the most.

When the clubs at my LGS found out about the requirements, one of them said "well I guess that answered the question as to whether or not I was going to buy that program", and I couldn't agree more.

Please, for the love of god, have the program START with offline capabilities, and THEN make the internet stuff optional. You can't run a tournament from home!

"Sometimes you just gotta roll the hard six." -Admiral Adama

My Blog
dbgoldberg323 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote