View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old March 23rd, 2019, 08:51 PM
I'm happy with how the adventure content I've bought is organized.

My biggest issue with adventure content in RW is that it is hard to "page through" to get the big picture. For large, complex adventures, I think I would also want the print product for reading through. But for running a game, the way LWD organizing things in their adventures works quite well for me and gives me multiple ways to navigate through the material: plot outlines, GM synopisis, smart maps as navigation, story boards as navigation.

As for having a topic for every place and NPC, it depends on how recurring it is. The main reason to have an NPC as a topic is so that it will be linked to every time its name appears in other topics.

As for places, when I started using RW I was very granular, but quickly found that not every place warrants its own topic. I design for what is easy to use at the table. For example the Caves of Chaos from Keep on the Boarderlands is almost entirely contained in a single adventure area with smart-map pins giving most of the content I need. I only create a scene topic for a very small number of locations where there were more complex descriptions or encounters.

IIRC, a while back LWD shared their official guidelines for content creation. Not sure how to find it now.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #8 Reply With Quote