Thread: Mecha Weaponry
View Single Post
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 17th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
Ah, therein lies the problem that templates are not really very buildable in the editor. Or rather, you can build them, but you can't apply them. Colen has stated in one of his earlier posts (can't remember exactly where) that this is indeed something that they are working on.

As a side note, Colen, were I to write up the templates as characters in a portfolio, would that help you at all once this does become implementable? Or will the formats be different enough as to make this effort futile?
Writing them up as characters wouldn't help at all, unfortunately.

One of the two core template problems is that for a template for an elf, for example, I'd want to say "The elf gets Pointy Ears (i.e. the Feature power at 1 rank)". However, if the user wants to customize the template more, they might want to delete that power (but not the rest of the template). Or, they might want to delete the whole template, and get rid of the Pointy Ears automatically.

Right now, Hero Lab can either let you delete things, or not delete them. It can't maintain a kind of "weak association" where you can delete it, but it's also connected to the "parent" template, allowing everything that got chained in to be deleted all at once.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote