Thread: Spell Checker
View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old October 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamemasterbob View Post
I was thinking...
Is it possible to add a function within the Link Scan that would search not only for existing links BUT for words that are SIMILAR or CLOSE? I realize that my reason for wanting a spellchecker is so I don't miss LINKS in the scan because of spelling. I want EVERY entry about an existing link to be recognized.

Once again my request is NOT so much spelling as it is I don't want to MISS LINKS. That's it.
:-)

RW rocks.
Well as noted earlier in this thread, I did provide a link to an external program that does what you are describing, without relying on LWD to divert from their current course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
I agree with Gord.... the only need to implement a Spell Check is for "non-standard" wordings that exist in a fantasy / Sci-fi setting....
Implementation of this is a low priority in comparison to other elements on the work front for LWD.....
Just as RW is not intended to be a VTT, its not intended to replace your preferred word processor either.

You might find this free ware does what you need. I have tested it with in RW and it works fine....
Note, the default for the word list is the left shift key ,I being left handed find this abit annoying, so I changed it to the arrow down when wanting to view the list to choose from. As Gord has suggested, it also allows you to define your own words as well.

Tiny Spell>http://tinyspell.numerit.com/#download
DLG
Your Milage May Vary...
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #47 Reply With Quote