Thread: Spell Checker
View Single Post
gamemasterbob

Old September 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM
If there ever is a spellchecker in RW it would HAVE to allow unrecognized words to be added. That would be the true reason that RW needs spellcheck. I'll explain.

EXAMPLE:I have a Ranger who follows Mielikki (Forgotten Realms D&D). This is SO easy to misspell. However, once it's added as a custom word it will be checked and the CORRECT spelling (previously entered by me) would be suggested. THEN when RW scans for the name Mielikki it ALWAYS gets it because spelling is the same EVERY time and none of the story is lost. Isn't this the reason we have RW?

So... spellchecker is NOT only for spelling but it is actually crucial to keeping the WIKI on track! It would be almost impossible for me to write "Meilikki" because spellcheck would see it and I could fix it and ALL my entries with Mielikki are accounted for and not LOST because I misspeleed. When you have years (real years...) of campaign data this is VERY IMPORTANT.
RW NEEDS a Spellchecker for THIS reason.

Now, I do all my note taking OUTSIDE RW with a program that has spellcheck and custom words. Then I paste into RW and scan entries. I want to do it all in RW.

Last edited by gamemasterbob; September 21st, 2015 at 07:25 PM.
gamemasterbob is offline   #44 Reply With Quote