View Single Post
rushtong

Old January 1st, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hi All,

First off, thank you so much for this product! I've been a reluctant customer using HL on VirtualBox for a long time now.

I got into this strange condition where a confirm import/download window was hidden and unavailable, and a HL screen got stuck in front of other apps.

Steps:
1. Open HL and download large game system. In this case, I was downloading Pathfinder which is ~75 MB.
2. Alt-tab to a different program. You can see from my screenshot that I switched to Chrome and tooled around the beta page to re-read the known problems.
3. Later, HL alerted me from the dock that something was up (the bouncing icon thing). I knew that it was that the download was finished so I alt-tabbed back to HL.
4. The confirm window was not available. Nothing I did could bring that confirm download message to the fore. I was eventually able to just hit enter and it triggered the confirm button, so I know the window was active ... it just wasn't visible.
5. The other oddity was that the "Select A Game" window was stuck in front of Chrome. Tabbing to Chrome didn't send HL to the background, the "Select A Game" window was still in front of it. Chrome was the active application as I could navigate what I could see, etc., but the HL window didn't release it's position as the foremost window. I think the "Select A Game" window was hiding the confirmation window.

Haven't hit any other issues yet, but I'll be digging around as best I can.

-Greg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2012-01-01 at 7.16.00 AM.jpg (148.4 KB, 8 views)
rushtong is offline   #16 Reply With Quote