View Single Post
Acenoid

Old November 7th, 2014, 07:11 PM
Hi again!

So I tried the following and it seems to work for me, but I give no warranties for data loss or any problems resulting from this documentation on other systems. I have a win 7 64 bit system. According to Wikipedia you need Vista or later Windows versions:

Good Background Info: http://www.tested.com/tech/windows/3...un-and-profit/

Steps:
1) Go to the location of the RW database folder for example in "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works" and copy it's whole contents to the location you would like to store it in the future. For example "D:\RW Master\"
The target directory should contain now the master.realm, a few XML files and some long folder names.

2) Rename the "Realm Works" folder to "Realm Works Backup"* inside "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc"

* If one of the following steps fail, you hopefully can just rename the folder back to it's original name and everything should be as it was before.

3) Start a command shell: Start -> cmd.exe

4) In the prompt type:
mklink /J "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works\" "D:\RW Master\"

You should see now a message that a link was created properly.

In this case:
Verbindung erstellt für C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\LWD Technology, Inc\Realm Works\ <<===>> D:\RW Master\

Now both directories should be linked.

There are also many shell extension tools and other freeware available to handle this completely in the GUI.
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote