View Single Post
craghammer

Old November 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
My bad - I didn't see the large padlock on the post indicating that is is private (who knew you had yo pay to do that...)

My initial question to the devs was:
This is a Windows Application that uses a lot of memory when running, due to the application loading all system fonts available and this results in sluggish response and occational crashes.

Is there any way to limit the number of fonts loaded into the application (When using the Font dropdown list for a text editor) - limited to a number of reasonable useful fonts?

The goal is to load less fonts (preferably a predefined list) with some fallback to other font-families.

And the reply is (from Aleks):

Unless I am mistaken, your task is to limit the number of available fonts in FontEdit. For this, you can use the approach described in the Customizing Font list on Font Bar ticket. In short, you can clear the collection of available fonts and populate it with required fonts as shown in the code snippet below:

[C#]
repositoryItemFontEdit1.Items.Clear();
repositoryItemFontEdit1.Items.Add("Calibri");
repositoryItemFontEdit1.Items.Add("Arial");

He refers to this (public) ticket also.

I've asked a followup question regarding if this is a global setting or not, it seems a bit of a hassle to do this for every instance of FontEdit. One approach could be a helper class on the FontEdit control that resets the Item Collection, or creating a new "RWFontEdit" class that inherits FontEdit and sets the properties, and then use the new class for all instances of FontEdit (go ReSharper!)

Last edited by craghammer; November 21st, 2016 at 10:24 PM.
craghammer is offline   #23 Reply With Quote