View Single Post
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 18th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dami View Post
RavenX has been working on AD&D 2nd Ed., but I don't think he's got very far recently.
Update on the "Old School" data...

At this point, I'm going to say don't expect or wait on me to get it done. While I did get it pretty far along, I still have a lot of things to do on it and I am not planning on sharing it with the community once its finished. While it is true that the system is a "dead" system, Hasbro still sells pdf files for it, which means its not 100% dead. I don't have an official license for that data, nor do I have permission from the publisher, so I am not planning to release it. It will be "for personal use" only at this point. Same deal with my Deathwatch 40K rpg file project.

In the V20 book, White Wolf/Onyx Path has explicitly stated they do not care what software the Storyteller uses to build or print character sheets from. I have taken that as explicit permission from the publisher to work on Hero Lab data for V20.

V20 page 83: "As the Storyteller, start by printing a few character sheets, copying them from the back of the book, or use your own digital character-creation method like a wiki."

I am taking this as explicit permission to create a V20 Hero Lab file as it counts as a "digital character-creation method". I also have talked to Eddy Webb on a few occasions and don't feel I have anything to be concerned about as far this data work is concerned. Digital character-creation method most certainly includes Hero Lab as it is digital software.

Edit: To be very clear here, my "Creating" a data file does not mean I intend to distribute the file to the community. As it sits I cannot give away my work without permission from the publishers so I won't be distributing the data files I do work on unless the parent company gives me permission. This applies to all datafiles I have created.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.

Last edited by RavenX; March 20th, 2018 at 03:29 PM.
RavenX is offline   #10 Reply With Quote