View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old February 11th, 2019, 08:29 AM
I'm starting a campaign this week using the Powered by the Apocalypse game "Monster of the Week." I'm working on setting up a new Realm to cover this game.

I want to define a category to provide an outline for Mysteries (the game's term for specific adventures). I'm trying to set it up with two broad sections - the adventure overview and the "Threats" section.

In the game there are four types of Threats - Monsters, Minions, Locations, and Bystanders. Any given Mystery will have one Monster and generally at least one of each of the other Threat types, although there might be multiple of any of them.

My original plan was to define the category with sub-sections predefined for each of the types of Threats with the idea that I'd add additional subsections as defined if I needed to add additional Threats to the outline. However, the program doesn't work the way that I thought, and it doesn't seem like it will let me add duplicated predefined sub-sections; I can only add custom sub-sections defined on the fly.

I suppose I could define individual Threat categories and have them nested as child topics under the outline topic, but that's messy and needlessly complicated - I'd much rather keep the entirety of the scenario in a single topic. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to approach this? I hope I've described what I'm trying to do well enough - if anyone needs clarification let me know and I'll try to explain more.

Thanks!
JustinThomason is offline   #1 Reply With Quote