View Single Post
BlueMax

Old March 28th, 2014, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinendae View Post
Not to mention that with several companies involved with the Shadowrun license itself, it took a bit to get approval to work on SR5 for Hero Lab. As pointed out, it's not the only project they have. Heck, with as much stuff as Pathfinder cranks out, it's a wonder they can get work done on anything else.
Its good to know a few things
1. That they started from scratch
2. That they are busy and Shadowrun really is a backseat project.

Many of us already know the Shadowrun license is... convoluted at best.

I am in the industry, so I understand the concept of Mythical Man Month. Thus, I am not saying they could pour new engineers in today and get the product out tomorrow.
However, if as you point out Pathfinder consumes the development cycles of the current developers/QA , then fundraising could help fund new additions for shadowrun in the future. If they are still working on the basebook for another year, Run and Gun will sit in the queue.
While not cheap, lets say in the hundreds of thousands, a target fundraising goal to hire a dev now and bring her up to speed over the next six months would be awesome. Then starting in 2015, Shadowrun can get already licensed product support down to a 6 month lag time. Already its been Nov-Dec-Jan-Feb-March since the SR5 announcement.

I'd kick in some money as its certainly better to have one common and supported tool, over a myriad of broken tools from the net.
BlueMax is offline   #42 Reply With Quote