Thread: D&D Next
View Single Post
dafrca

Old April 8th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Many of you know this, but I'll reiterate for people that may be checking in on this for the first time...

We would love to support 5th Edition in Hero Lab, and have even talked to Wizards of the Coast about support. Unfortunately, we have no news on that front. We have shared our intention to support 5th Edition through an OGL, which we think will be released based on prior statements by members of their staff. If we ever support 5th Edition through an official license, it will likely be news that comes out of nowhere (as this news for Fantasy Grounds did). That's because nothing is announced until everything is signed, and the licensee is usually under a strict NDA during the negotiation process.
I hope you are able to figure out something because I hate to see my Hero Lab just sitting on my Hard Drive useless for the group game now because the group switched to 5th ed. At this point I have no reason to buy more Pathfinder stuff nor to move into Realm Works either.

And to be clear I do want to support your products with my money. I really like your product.
dafrca is offline   #128 Reply With Quote