View Single Post
Bloodwolf

Old June 27th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I would like to be able to create items in my characters and places instead of having to right click on the left side and do it. I'm one of those DMs that like to not just give all the details of items to my players. For example I will give them a sword but I'm not going to tell them that it is magical unless they detect magic on it and even then I won't tell them the properties of the sword until they get it identified. So for a +1 long sword I have three entries in wherever they found it, person or place.

"He has a long sword."
"His long sword is magical."
"His magical long sword is a +1 long sword."

It would be nice to be able to create this in the "Possessions" section as an item and have those three snippets be linked to the item. This way I can give it to a player and all of the relevant information would follow it. I do the same thing for gems, jewelry, art, and other valuables so that they have to appraise it or have it appraised. That way if they get it wrong I can put that snippet in and mark it as untrue. Also I can create different merchants who will give them different cuts for loot.

Hopefully I explained this good enough. If not I can clarify.
Bloodwolf is offline   #1 Reply With Quote