Thread: Share via LAN?
View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old April 4th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Automaton View Post
I seem to recall a person or two asking about a LAN solution during the Kickstarter. I think David mentioned that it might be something the devs could look into, but as far as I know, it's not even a twinkle in LWD's eye at this point.
I (and Others) have tabled this several times even prior to Realm Works. I finally just gave up hoping. The thought (and thread) can be traced back as far as 2010 which reads as below.
October 18th, 2012, 04:24 PM
August 23rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
February 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
September 23rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayd3000

"I was playing with the Tactical Tool last night, checking out how it was handling initiative and stuff and started thinking to myself - wouldn't it be cool if this were tied into the payers sheets that were using it live? That is, currently, if my players are using their own copy of HL on their own laptop, my tactical display is only showing me a static copy of their character given to me prior to the game starting. If mine was linked in to theirs (via local network) then what I see would always be the most current version of their character with correct stats based on condition, encumberance, etc. I could also then set conditions on them myself, heal or take away hits, etc. A tall order, but cool to think about."

Originally Responded by Rob
"Colen and I were just discussing this capability last week. We nailed down a way to do this that should work extremely well. Now we just need to carve out the time to add the functionality. Our #1 priority for the next feature "update is customizable output, so this probably won't make it into the very next release. However, the solution is mapped out and should definitely be added next year."

For what its worth
DLG
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote