View Single Post
JustinThomason

Old September 6th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
Let me spend the day trying your suggestions, and the other helpful suggestions from the other members and see what I come up with. Today and tomorrow I have a lot of free time, so I am going to play with this when I can.
Honestly, this really is the best idea. I was also overwhelmed with the program when I started, but I found once I started working in earnest that the program makes more sense the more you use it.

I think you just have to give yourself permission to "screw up" a bit - you are more than likely going to figure out better ways of doing stuff after you've entered information. Fortunately, changing and reorganizing information is possible after you've put it in.

I am also a really big fan of the "Utility" tags - Empty, Incomplete, and Placeholder. By tagging new topics with these, you can relatively quickly build out structure, and later quickly filter down to the topics that need more work afterwards. This could let you experiment a bit with how you want to organize the big picture without getting you too bogged down in getting all the information into individual topics. That could make moving categories later easier if you decide to make major changes to your organization.

Realm Works is pretty robust - you're not going to break anything. However, I've always been a "learn by doing" type. I actually did more reading and tutorial watching with RW than I normally do, but at a certain point nothing beats logging hours with the system.
JustinThomason is offline   #18 Reply With Quote