View Single Post
Jamz

Old September 10th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Re "Con" use, I'll give my 2 cents playing at GenCon where Hero Labs has "stations" to use to create characters for PFS play.

So yes, is it possible to use "paper", sure. BUT If I wanted to use paper, why would I need HLO?

And WiFi access at GenCon is NOT a thing. Of course, for a big con, it would be pretty cool if the powers to be brought in some wifi routers for public use "maybe your PFS ticket gets you a wifi password for that day?" Hell, they could even limit rate the internet access to throttle anything NOT going to HLO servers...

ANYhoo, Power is now an issue. Lets say I use my mobile hotspot or have WiFi. I may need 6-10 hours of laptop time (back to back games). That's easy on my surface, I just turn wifi off and it lasts me all day.

NOW, unless I have "offline" access, I need to turn WiFi on my laptop which seriously cramps my battery life...

For SFS play, I don't see needing all the HLO stuff for GM->Player connectivity or leveling, I *JUST* want to be able to add negative levels, buffs, conditions to my character. The last thing you want to do at level 8+ is do math!

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #93 Reply With Quote