View Single Post
Sword_of_Spirit

Old September 28th, 2021, 02:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
The text on the link should match the text in the original article, so if the article containing the link didn't use the prefix or suffix then the imported FVTT journal entry won't have that extra text either.
Ah, got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If something doesn't go as expected, it is worth checking the console of your browser (press F12 on windows/Linux to see it). There might be warnings or errors being reported there.

If nothing is obvious, would you mind PMing me a link to your RWoutput file so that I can run it myself and see where the issues might be? If so, could you give me the name of the journal entries that are lacking links to governing topic too please.
The console is giving a couple of warnings about two of my maps (they are gifs, so it doesn't like them), and Foundry's own stream of upload notifications gives me "You may not upload non-media files which would overwrite an existing file on the server" which I would assume is just echoing the same incompatibility with gifs, but there seem to be more than two of them, so I'm not entirely sure.

I can't seem to find any missing governing content anymore, and I can't remember the specific ones I saw, so I'm going to hope that one was just user error unless I see it again.

But I have been able to repeatedly replicate the issue with map notes disappearing.

When I run the tool on a brand new empty world, the scenes all have their map notes intact. But as soon as I activate a module, some of the scenes inexplicably lose all their map notes forever.

And it doesn't seem to matter what module I activate! I've tried it with TidyUI-Game Settings, and then I made a new world and tried it with Pings, and then another world and Better Rolls for 5e. I figured three completely unrelated modules was enough to establish some sort of pattern so I stopped checking at that point.

I'm going to send you a link to the file.
Sword_of_Spirit is offline   #92 Reply With Quote