View Single Post
Toblakai

Old April 9th, 2018, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
There is no disconnect. There are various considerations.

When I'm earning a paycheck, I can usually afford to buy some data packages here and there and slowly build my catalog. But I can also choose when to do that. It's not an obligation. If money is tight one month, due to unexpected car repairs or medical expenses or whatever, I can pass on spending anything on entertainment, and I lose no access to what I've already purchased.

When I'm not earning a paycheck, things are tight EVERY month. The only money I spend on entertainment, I spend to keep my sanity. What I choose not to spend, I lose no access to what I've already purchased.

With HLO, you are obliged to spend money, whether it's tight or not, or you lose access to what you've already purchased.
I understand this, but some of the people complaining also don't seem to have a problem affording $25/yr. Unfortunately for the people that can't afford it, they will have to live with pcgen for starfinder or wait until they decide to port it to HLC.

I am really looking forward to the features that an online tool can do that a desktop one can't and for Pathfinder to be released for it. I haven't bought HLO because I don't play Starfinder yet (have about 6 PF adventure paths i am in the middle of that I need to finish first).

Tech moves at a fast pace and LWD needs to keep up or lose ground.
Toblakai is offline   #278 Reply With Quote